Wednesday, July 15, 2009

John Killmaster at the Basement Gallery


I'm not sure landscapes are really my thing, so I'm not sure my sketch does this justice. But they are definitely John Killmaster's thing. He's got a great use of color and texture for fleshing out masses of rock, stubbly underbrush and soft pink clouds. This is Aspen Gulch -- City of Rocks. It's one of several of Killmaster's landscapes on display at the Basement Gallery right now.

Also on display at the Basement Gallery are some pictures by Tarmo Watia. I sketched one of his pictures during BOSCO's Open Studios Weekend. The one I sketched then is not among those that were at the Basement Gallery, but like I said then, there are literally thousands of paintings in his house.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hello,
I'm not sure if you consider me a local, but I am an Idaho artist, living in Sandpoint. I will be showing my work at the sub gallery at BSU in July, 2010.