Sunday, September 5, 2010

Metapost -- No more formal theater reviews (for now)

When I started this blog, I was unemployed. I had no prospects and a lot of free time. Today, I'm going to school full-time for a computer science degree and working part-time at a software company I really like. I'm taking 300- and 400-level classes, so my homework load is getting bigger and more challenging. This summer I had a full-time internship and a part-time job, and I never said word one on this blog about the show I was directing at the time. My life has gotten much more complex, and I need to scale back some of the ancillary things I'm doing. Theater reviews is one of them.

I might still post my reactions to shows on this blog, but when I do, it's going to be quick and dirty. Like a couple sentences. I'll be posting one of those shortly.

I still enjoy doing the sketching, and I'll keep posting drawings I make of other artists' work in Boise galleries. I may even try to do that more often. I'll be posting one of those Monday morning.

If you see value in formal, long-form theater reviews and would like the chance to do them, let me know in the comments. I could make you an admin for this blog. And if you miss the lists of upcoming shows, check out the link to Larry Dennis' site "Theater in the Boise Valley" in the left column.

No comments: