Friday, October 2, 2009

Open Studios Weekend

Boise Open Studios weekend starts today! If you're unfamiliar with the event, that's when Boise-area artists open up their studios and homes to the public so you can see their art and their work spaces. The event runs from 6 to 9 tonight and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Check Boise Open Studios Collective Organization's website for a link to a .pdf of maps and schedules.

I had a lot of fun last year, but I don't think I'll be able to go this year. I work Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to be too busy with schoolwork tonight. But I went to the preview night at the Boise Art Museum last night and made a few sketches:


This is "Flying Dream Spirit" by Susan Moore. Yes, it's a flying monkey, but it looks a lot less evil than the ones from Wizard of Oz somehow. The linocut gives a nice textural quality to the thick lines.


This is "Little girl your cat mask is missing (the house will undo you)" by Kelly Packer. I loved the clean lines and spot color.

Several of the artists from my post last year are back, including Zella Bardsley and Tarmo Watia.

No comments: