Friday, January 9, 2009

Any Body Home

I'll try to get to a few shows in January, but if I don't see too many, there are two reasons:

1) I'm starting school again soon. For computer science! Which has nothing whatsoever to do with creative writing (my first bachelor's degree) or journalism (the last eight years of my life)! Why? Well, I was pretty good in math and science in high school (I aced calculus), and I've often wondered what would have happened if I'd taken that route. Also, the journalism industry is in deep doo-doo, and I can't get a new job as a full-time reporter in Boise to save my life. Classes start Jan. 20, and then I get tons of homework. Hooray!

2) I'm acting in Any Body Home at Stage Coach Theatre, which opens tonight and which you should definitely come see. It's going to be really funny. I play the title role! The body. Since I'm in it, I won't be reviewing it, but I will say I think my castmates are doing an awesome job. The show runs for four weeks. I might be able to see one other show this month, but overall there's going to be a lot of overlap between production schedules.

No comments: